Coronavirus (SARS-Cov-2) antigen rapid test as spit test
- saliva collection instead of nasal or pharyngeal swabs
- easy handling
- highly accurate results after only a few minutes
- also detects variants B.1.1.7 (Great Britain) and B.1.351 (South Africa)
- Intended use
The Novel Coronavirus (SARS-Cov-2) Antigen Rapid Test Device (Saliva) is an in vitro diagnostic test for the qualitative detection of novel coronavirus antigens in human saliva using the rapid immunochromatographic method. Identification is based on monoclonal antibodies specific for the novel coronavirus antigen
- Sensitivity: 92.9
- Specificity: 99.58
- Accuracy: 96.79
Scope of delivery
- Test cassette
- Saliva collection bag
- Extraction tube with nozzle
- Extraction buffer
- Instructions for use
Allow the test device, sample and extraction buffer to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30℃) before testing. Do not place anything in the mouth, including food, beverages, gum, tobacco, water, and mouthwash, for at least 10 minutes before collecting the oral fluid specimen.
1. Spit sufficient saliva into the saliva collection cup/bag.
2. draw the saliva out of the cup with a pipette and transfer 4 drops of saliva into the extraction tube.
3. take an extraction tube and a bottle of extraction buffer, remove the bottle cap of the extraction buffer and add the extraction buffer to the extraction tube.
4. Take a nozzle and close the extraction tube. Shake the extraction tube gently and vertically for about 5 seconds so that the saliva mixes well with the extraction buffer. Fold the used bag in half and dispose of it as medical waste in plastic bags in accordance with local regulations.
5. Remove the test device from the airtight foil pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the test immediately after opening the foil pouch. Place the test device on a clean and flat surface. Transfer 3 drops of sample vertically into the sample well of the test device and start the timer.
6.Read the result after 10 to 20 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.